Quite a few people wonder how we’re able to find such a wide array of marketing technology platforms and tools out there that they hadn’t heard of yet, or that may even be beta. Aside from customized alerts we have set up through our partner Meltwater, there are some great resources out there for finding tools. I was recently sharing my list with Matthew Gonzales at Echo Rank and he shared a few of his favorites and it got me started on building a complete list.
With the incredible selection of tools available, marketers are at a distinct advantage to find tailored solutions at a lower cost. Virtually everyone we work with has been able to upgrade the products and services helping them while lowering the annual spend. And that even includes clients we have that are building custom solutions off of publicly accessible APIs.
- CabinetM – If you’re specifically a marketing technology company, you’ll probably want to check out CabinetM, a site for marketers to help them build out their marketing stack.
Here are services and sites that we keep an eye on that are great. Some of them are investment tools – a great way to find out who is getting investment and primed for growth! If you know of any others, please leave them in the comments!
- alternativeTo – Tell us what application you want to replace and we give you great alternatives, based on user recommendations.
- AppStorm – Features new web, desktop, and mobile apps.
- AppVita – Featuring the best in web applications.
- Beta List – Beta List provides an overview of upcoming internet startups. Discover and get early access to the future.
- BetaPage – Browse, discover, hunt startups and new ideas.
- Capterra – Every month, Capterra helps thousands of businesses & nonprofits find the software that will allow them to improve, grow and succeed.
- Cloudswave – Cloudswave aggregates software and web application reviews from leading experts. Cloudswave.com uses the Cloudscore, one rating to summarize all.
- Crazy about Startups – Features any startup.
- Crozdesk – Web apps finder.
- Crunchbase – CrunchBase is the definitive database of the startup ecosystem. The Business Graph connects companies, people, products and events to provide data that you need. Subscribe to the top funding email!
- DiscoverCloud – compare apps for business.
- Erli Bird – Where Great New Products Are Born.
- FeedMyApp – web & mobile apps reviewed.
- G2 Crowd – Compare the best business software and services based on user ratings and social data. Reviews for CRM, ERP, CAD, PDM, HR, and Marketing software.
- GetApp – Review, Compare and Evaluate small business software. GetApp has software offers, SaaS and Cloud Apps, independent evaluations and reviews.
- Hacker News – a social news website focusing on computer science and entrepreneurship.
- IdeaSquares – an online space to crowdsource support and feedback for business ideas.
- Kickoff Boost – Released a product or app? Submit it and get an
instant boost in traffic.
- Killer Startups – Startup reviews, inspiration, ideas, and news.
- Launching.io – A community of tech startups.
- Launch Lister – Get your startup out in front of early adopters and industry leaders.
- Launching Next – The world’s most promising startups.
- List.ly – a search on Listly can produce dozens of lists with great tools.
- Makeuseof – a destination for learning more about technology and the many ways that it can improve your life.
- Mattermark – Research, prospect, and track the fastest growing private companies with deal intelligence
- Netted – the best apps, products, and services that make your life better.
- NextBigWhat – Indian startups, community of founders, CXOs and Product Marketers.
- Pressfarm – Find journalists to write about your startup.
- ProductHunt – ProductHunt is a curation of the best new products, every day. Discover the latest mobile apps, websites, and technology products that everyone’s talking about.
- Promotehour – List of the best places to submit your startup
- Promote Project – Showcase your creations to the world.
- Rate My Startup – Submit your startup to be featured.
- Random Startup – For every page request RandomStartup.org will take you to a different startup. Refresh the page and you’ll discover yet another startup.
- Reddit Startups – a forum of entrepreneurs working towards unbiased and anonymous feedback, advice, ideas, and discussion.
- Siftery – Discover products that are a great fit for your company
- SignUpFirst – Where startups give rewards & deals.
Get exclusive accounts, features & extras by signing up to startups, first!
- SocialPiq – SocialPiq is a service to find the right social media tools for your needs. There are tons of social media tools out there, and SocialPiq keeps track of the important ones, laying out an easy way to understand what they do.
- Software Advice – Software Reviews from the Business Experts at Software Advice.
- Software Insider – See all the information on thousands of topics.
Research with confidence.
- Springwise – Join the world’s largest idea spotter network.
- Sproutr – Discuss ideas and solutions, build your reputation as an entrepreneur, create and follow startup pages and connect with like-minds around the world.
- Stacklist – A curated guide and founders’ reviews for business tools to grow your startup.
- Stackshare – Discover, discuss, and share the best dev tools and services.
- Startups.co – Startups.co helps startups get
customers, press, funding and mentors.
- Startup Buffer – We know how hard is to promote your startup. We are here to help!
- The Startup Project – coverage of exciting new startups in the web space.
- Startup Ranking – ranking of startups based on the importance of a startup and its social influence.
- StartupLi.st – Find, follow and recommend startups.
- StartUpLift – feature your startup and help receive insightful, actionable feedback.
- Startuplister – Get your startup listed on niche directories, review sites, and industry blogs to help with your startup marketing efforts for only $50.
- StartupTabs – a community of individuals who love discovering and promoting startups.
- StartupTunes – An Exclusive Web 2.0 Startups Review Blog.
- Find a TechCrunch Reporter – We take your story and then correlate it with reporter archives to make sure you’re always emailing the right reporter.
- Trustpilot – consumer reviews. Get the real inside story from shoppers like you. Read, write and share reviews on today.
- TrustRadius – is a community of professionals sharing software reviews, software discussions, and best practices.
- VentureBeat Profiles – Track the companies, people, technologies, and trends shaping your industry every day.
There are other tools out there as well, but I have found that many of them are automated, have become SPAM engines, or the groupings are not cleaned up. These tools above have provided some great tools for us.
An honorable mention to add here is MyStartupTool, a directory of active tools for promoting your startup.
As well, as our sponsors and clients have expanded, they’ve become awesome lead resources. If you’re looking to build a microsite to attract beta users, be sure to also check out Prefinery.
If you’re an enterprise company that is making a significant investment, you may even wish to hire a sourcing vendor. DK New Media has provided this option to its clients since its inception. The return on investment on buying the right tool is a huge one; we can help you get it right.
© 2016 DK New Media.