Clickbank Ad Rotator
Home / Digital & Internet News / Don’t Underestimate The Impact of a Brick and Mortar Store

Don’t Underestimate The Impact of a Brick and Mortar Store

Retail Store Growth

We recently shared some examples of how Enterprise IoT (Internet of Things) may have an enormous impact of retail store sales. My son was just sharing a news story with me on retail that pointed some fairly bleak statistics regarding the opening and closing of retail stores.

While the gap of closures continues to increase, it’s important to recognize that this country continues to open more and more retail outlets. Even Amazon, the so-called retail killer, is working with retailers and opening its own stores. Why? Customer experience. The fact is that American consumers still want to both touch the products they’re buying as well as leave the store with them – and you can only get that with a retail outlet.

Contrary to most opinions, brick-and-mortar stores still exist and are not going anywhere anytime soon. No, this is not an emotional narrative that’s conveniently ignoring the reality, but it’s a reflection of what consumers think and how the traditional (offline) retail market has been performing in the past few years, despite the presence of online retail stores growing every year. Rutgers University

Estimates for 2018 still project over 91.2% of all sales will happen in a retail store, leaving just 8.8% of sales occurring online  Tweet This!

This infographic was created by Rutgers University’s Online Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration program, and illustrates the statistics and how retail stores are adapting with improved customer service, customer experience, mobile technology, mixed reality, and store ambience. You may already see the transformation happening, where stores look much more like showrooms than storerooms.

Brick and Mortar Retail Store Statistics

Download a Sponsored Marketing Whitepaper:

Empyr's CPR Platform Generates 5X Return on Advertising Spend

Empyr’s CPR Platform Generates 5X Return on Advertising Spend

Leading retail brand uses CPR™, increases AOV by 50% and generates +102% revenue lift Download Now

Download a Sponsored Marketing Whitepaper:

Empyr's CPR Platform Generates 5X Return on Advertising Spend

Empyr’s CPR Platform Generates 5X Return on Advertising Spend

Leading retail brand uses CPR™, increases AOV by 50% and generates +102% revenue lift Download Now


© 2017 DK New Media. All Rights Reserved. Visit and Subscribe to MarTech today!

Click Here For Original Source Of The Article

Check Also

Conversica: Contact, Engage, Nurture and Qualify Using an AI Assistant

Conversica: Contact, Engage, Nurture and Qualify Using an AI Assistant

Conversica Dashboard

Conversica provides an automated sales assistant powered by artificial intelligence software. The assistant works just like a human sales assistant, reaching out to every single one of your leads and engaging each of them in a human conversation. People love it because the assistant is personable, friendly and responsive, connecting them quickly with a human that can help. We’re in an AI spring. I think for every company, the revolution in data science will fundamentally change how we run our business because we’re going to have computers aiding us in how we’re interacting with our customers. Salesforce CEO Marc Benioff


© 2017 DK New Media. All Rights Reserved. Visit and Subscribe to MarTech today!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

css.php