As DK New Media continues to work with clients on their marketing campaigns and initiatives, I often find that there are gaps in their strategies that prevent them from meeting their maximum potential. I’ve been developing an on-demand digital marketing curriculum with a regional university to help bridge this gap. It’s based on the framework I use for all our clients documented graphically in our Agile Marketing Journey.
Along with the journey, I want digital marketing specialists to always have a process when sitting down to plan out any initiative. I called this checklist the Marketing Initiative Worksheet – it’s not limited to campaigns, it’s about every marketing effort you make, from a tweet to an explainer video.
NOTE: If you’re going to be at my keynote in South Dakota, you’re going to get a pad to bring home with you!
Here’s the list of questions I believe should be answered for every marketing initiative:
- What is the audience for this marketing initiative?
- Where is the audience for this marketing initiative?
- How many resources will this marketing initiative take?
- Are there efforts that we can coordinate with to maximize this initiative’s results?
- How will we measure whether this initiative is successful?
- How long will it take to see if this initiative is successful?
- What did we learn from this marketing initiative that can be applied to the next?
Marketing is all about measurement, momentum, and continuous improvement. Answer these 7 questions with every marketing initiative and I guarantee you’ll see improved results!
I hope you enjoy the worksheet as you move forward with your initiatives, let me know how it helped you!
© 2017 DK New Media. All Rights Reserved. Visit and Subscribe to MarTech today!