A new hire aced the interview, but hasn’t performed as well as expected. Team members aren’t hitting quotas because they aren’t receiving proper coaching. Talented salespeople are leaving the company because they don’t feel engaged with the work.
The sales manager plays a critical role in all of the above scenarios. Strong managers are key to an organization’s success, but only 12% of U.S. employees strongly agree their managers help them set work priorities – and those 12% are much happier in their work than the others.
These struggles were the inspiration for TeamKeeper, a new talent retention platform that leverages data to provide personalized recommendations for discovering, developing and engaging employees.
TeamKeeper takes a data-driven approach to talent management in a more statistically rigorous way, ensuring that management is not a one-size-fits-all approach. The techniques and motivators for Bonnie are very different from Jeff, and the insights provided by TeamKeeper allow the manager to work with each accordingly to get the most out of his or her employees. TeamKeeper’s built-in assessments, goal setting, engagement tools and impact rankings are designed to make managers better, so they won’t just know who and when to coach, but how.
But the tool doesn’t just help with managing existing talent; it also helps discover new talent that will be the right fit for the role. TeamKeeper’s personalized assessments predict the success of candidates by matching their character traits to those required to perform a specific job. Salespeople can perform really well in interviews (they know how to sell themselves!) but a manager may realize too late that the person is not actually a fit for the job.
Given that it costs roughly 20% of an employee’s salary to replace that individual, and 52 days for a company to fill open positions, making the right hiring decision in the first place is critical from an efficiency and profitability standpoint. TeamKeeper acts as one comprehensive tool – from discovery to talent insight to mentoring and development. Hiring top talent, while also coaching and engaging existing team members according to their unique needs, will help eliminate turnover.
The data helps the long-term progression of an employee, but also provides a real-time snapshot to give managers a “pulse” on their teams. TeamKeeper’s customized surveys and weekly feedback tools make it easier to build a culture of accountability, keeping employees engaged and improving morale across the team. Armed with this actionable data, managers are empowered to retain top talent, hit sales quotas and increase overall company revenue.
These insights can be especially revealing. For example, a manager may not realize that a quiet or introverted employee aspires to reach a manager position, or to develop a specific skill. Not only will TeamKeeper extract this information, but it will deliver the customized management strategies to help get the most out of these team members.
The platform’s innovative talent intelligence capabilities provide a one-stop shop that helps sales managers with specific tasks, including:
- Roster Building: Personalized assessments predict the success of candidates by matching their character traits to those required to perform a specific job.
- Coaching: TeamKeeper’s built-in assessments, goal setting, engagement tools and impact rankings feed the Coaching Planner, so managers won’t just know who and when to coach, but how.
- Engagement and Culture Building: Customized surveys and weekly feedback tools makes it easier to build a culture of accountability, keeping employees engaged and improving morale across the team.
- Goal Setting and Follow-Through: Goal setting tools assist managers in setting goals that are specific, measurable and obtainable through the use of either SMART goals or OKRs (objectives and key results). Automated follow-up emails poll sales reps on their progress and update the TeamKeeper dashboard.
- Guided Sales Management: Daily to-do list suggestions, management strategies for each team member and daily leadership tips are just some of the ways TeamKeeper makes it easy for even the greenest of managers to be more effective.
- Integration: TeamKeeper can integrate with most cloud-based CRMs, HR systems and learning management systems. It also helps break down the silos between HR and management to identify candidates that will be successful and increase employee retention.
The bottom line is that by listening to employees and customizing management strategies to them, organizations are able to increase revenue, profit and morale while reducing drama in the workplace.
© 2016 DK New Media.