The shift to omnichannel selling is widely apparent, most recently supported by Nike’s move to sell on both Amazon and Instagram. However, the switch to cross-channel commerce isn’t easy. Merchants and suppliers struggle to keep product information consistent and accurate across all platforms – so much so that 78% of merchants simply can’t keep up with enhanced consumer demands for transparency.
45% of merchants and suppliers have lost $1+ mil in revenue due to challenges faced when integrating cross-channel capabilities Tweet This! into their commerce strategy.
Common Roadblocks to Going Global with E-Commerce
The infographic highlights common omnichannel barriers for merchants and suppliers, as well as how market leaders are overcoming those roadblocks through the use of cloud-based product information systems.
- Connectivity – existing product information systems don’t provide a single platform to set up and exchange quality product content with trading partners.
- Exchange – existing product information systems don’t meet the standards of their trading partners.
- Compliance – suppliers struggle to keep up with different regulatory standards across countries.
- Quality – merchants can’t provide compelling, engaging product descriptions and images sourced directly from supplier partners.
- Omnichannel – merchants struggle to aggregate and distribute complete, consistent, and trusted product information across all channels.
- Transparency – merchants can’t keep up with enhanced consumer demands for product transparency.
© 2017 DK New Media. All Rights Reserved. Visit and Subscribe to MarTech today!