We discussed the many benefits of integrating live chat on your website in one of our marketing podcasts. Be sure to tune in! Live chat is intriguing in that the statistics provide evidence that it can not only help close more business, it can also improve customer satisfaction in the process.
Customers want help but, in my opinion, they don’t want to really speak to people. Calling, navigating phone trees, waiting on hold, and then explaining an issue over the phone can be quite frustrating. By the time the customer representative answers, the customer is already irritated. Live chat provides faster resolution times and quicker responses – providing a better customer experience.
Live chat is becoming increasingly important and profitable as a customer engagement platform. In fact, in a survey conducted by Forrester, 44% of respondents said that having a live person answer their questions while they were in the middle of an online purchase was one of the most important features a website could offer.
The additional benefits of companies who have integrated live chat include:
- Increased sales – 51% of customers are more likely to purchase. 29% of consumers are more likely to make a purchase with the option of live chat even if they don’t use it.
- Increased conversion – Rescue Spa increased their conversion rates by 30% with live chat.
- Increased retention – 48% of customers are more likely to return to the website.
- Increased brand reputation – 41% of online shoppers trust the brand when they see a live chat.
- Increased customer experience – 21% of customers claim that chat helps them to shop while working. 51% of customers prefer it to allow easy multitasking while waiting.
Live Chat Platform Providers
Some companies in the industry are BoldChat, Chatrify, ClickDesk, Comm100, HelpOnClick, iAdvize, Kayako, Live Chat Inc, Live2Chat, Live HelpNow!, LivePerson, My LiveChat, Olark, SightMax, SnapEngage, TouchCommerce, Userlike, Velaro, WebsiteAlive, WhosOn and – creators of this infographic – Zopim (with Zendesk).
Here’s an incredibly comprehensive infographic from Website Builder, 101 Reasons Why You Need To Embrace Live Chat:
© 2017 DK New Media. All Rights Reserved. Visit and Subscribe to MarTech today!